Tuesday 13 October 2009

Pre-Raphaelitism

As part of our Research and Presentation class we were given a small introduction project so that we could start to learn about research and presentation of the information found through a theme board.

We were given five words where we had to pick one to go off and research about.....

PUNK
MILITARY
HANDMADE
PRE-RAPHAELITISM
RANDOM

Originally I chose to research Handmade. I chose this as I thought about what Handmade could mean and I instantly thought about the Greeks building the great Roman Temples and Aqueducts and I was interested to research other architectural buildings that were Handmade. I was then worried that these architectural works of arts may have been classed as Man-made rather than Handmade and so looked into what other options we had been given.

I then thought about researching into all the words we were given and typed each of the words into google. Pre-Raphaelite struck me the most and I was intrigued to find out more, so I decided to pursue this in my work to be able to become more knowledgeable on the subject.

From my research around Pre-Raphaelitism I found myself drawn into the subject and constantly searching to find out more, unfortunately I only had the week to research but I think the subject will be something I continue to discover.

From my research I found out about Pre-Raphaelitism and the seven artists that founded the brotherhood. From the seven original artists I found a number of other artists that were influenced by the movement. One in particluar was William Morris who was influenced by the Pre-Raphaelite work and this influenced his Art Nouveau work with stained glass.

Below is some inspiration I found for my project from stained glass I found when I was away for the weekend in Bath........



The other source of inspiration that I found lead me to find a photographer Julia Margaret Cameron. In her work it shows great similarity to Pre-Raphaelite paintings. In a lot of her pictures she used the well know women or goddess figure and through the use of photography would portray the pictures in her own way.

(Pictures coming shortly...)

Michelle...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment