Today in class we learnt the technique of modelling fabric onto the stand.
This is a technique I had not experienced before so I was quite apprehensive about it.
We began by pinning the calico onto the back of the model and pinning to fit the frame by including a shoulder and waist dart. I found this part quite easy as I had previously made garments with darts I knew what position and where to pin.
We then repeated this method on the front making sure the shoulder darts lined up at the shoulder. We also trimmed the armhole, neckline and waist so the calico fit the model.
I had a lot of fun doing this, apart from the occasional pin wound and this has definitely opened up a new way of working to me that I think will become very useful in the future...!! I'm looking forward now to be able to construct the garment so I can have a finished piece.