Tuesday 20 October 2009

Can you cut it in fashion?



Right......so i listened to Can you cut it in Fashion, with the lovely and rather excitable Fern Cotton.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the CD but there was some really interesting advice given and also information on area's in fashion I had not considered before.

From listening to the recording I found these valauable points of information........
* David Blanche from Unbro really interested me, much like he mentioned to be the consenous, I did not think of sports wear to be an important part of fashion design. However it seems that sportswear is one of the most influencial parts of fashion design and that in the england squad the likes of David Beckham, Wayne Rooney and John Terry, etc have their own styles of shorts and shirts that they wear, and that in itself sports a fashion trend.

* I was also interested in what Lulu Guinness had to say as I am very familliar with her work as a close friend stocks this in her shop. I found wht she had to say very interesting as she was able to find a gap in the market where she launched her range of handbags which is what got her started. She also had valuable advice that you should always trust your instincts and gut feelings and try to be ass original as possible as this what is looked for.

The main advice I took from the recording is that:
* You need to be enthusiastic and hard working.
* To be realistic in your job choices.
* Learn how to understand the brief and what is expected of you.

I also know now that I need to start thinking carefully about what I want from my placement and where I would like to go and from the contatcs I have already to do some ground work and make contact.

Can you cut it in Faashion has overall helped me to see that this is absolutely the right course for me and that all the skills we are learning from Illustrator and Photoshop to self evaluating ourselves are invaluable and will give us the skills to be able to go straight into the workplace from compelting our degree.

Michelle xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment